Thursday, January 3, 2008

2008





There is a new computer in my studio and the sound of the fan has managed to drown out the sounds of the garbage man and cars in the morning. Maybe my ears have adjusted to the city sounds, but I no longer sleep with ear plugs. There are a lot of changes on the horizon and it's going to be an interesting 2008.

The main goal for 2008 is to achieve a balance of work and racing . This will be my first year of road racing and the winter training is moving along - literally. The rain has ruined a few of the weekend rides, but the rock climbing has taken over as my cross training. Another plan is to spend some time on slopes at Alpine Meadows.

Also, I plan on spending some time in Europe and visiting a friend in Germany. There is a cyclocross racer in Belgium as well and I would like to spend a few days in their village learning about Euro Cross and the off-season training.

OK - I need to get some sleep now since I went home sick this evening. I woke up last night with a high fever and did not sleep for most of the morning hours. There is something going around and I cannot risk getting sick again for work or cycling. This evening I woke up at 9pm and had chicken soup, salad and a large glass of orange juice. I can only hope to wake up feeling 90-100% tomorrow morning ;)

The image above is my cyclocross dream ride :)

Thanks for reading.

No comments: