Monday, October 1, 2007

Krazy Glue and Pizza


On Friday I came home from work and bought a slice of pizza and some apples from the local market. It was going to be a mellow night and I rented a few movies from Blockbuster video such as Star Wars Episode 3 and The Flying Scotsman to inspire the racing. Once I finished the slice of pizza I decided to wash the plate which slipped from my hands and cracked on the faucet. Both parts of the plate sliced my hands and blood was all over the counter and floor. I did not realize how many cuts were on my hand, but I could see the largest cut bleeding on my left hand. The plate sliced my middle knuckle and barely missed the tendon. My right hand was cut as well and I was more upset about the sleep I was going to lose the night before my opening race. It took a lot of paper towels and socks to control the bleeding and I used Krazy Glue to seal the wound to avoid stitches. My friends brought some supplies to my house and poured hydrogen peroxide on the knuckle wound. This was supposed to be a night of rest and preparation - but turned into a Krazy Glue nightmare.

The next morning I woke up with a swollen hand and could barely grip the tube of toothpaste. So I grabbed a sock from the dresser and rolled it up and began squeezing it to stretch my hand. It eventually loosened up the tendon but the wound re-opened and started bleeding in the shower. The Krazy Glue came through a second time and I wrapped my hands with tape to prevent the cuts from re-opening during the race.


No comments: